Physical Fitness



Hello everyone.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm going to begin with finishing what I started yesterday.  I provided some indication of my increased prayer schedule to open myself up to more spiritual graces since we have been (illegally) denied the Sacraments by the current leadership of the Church.  (My thoughts on them are well known, but no doubt I will be adding commentary here as well.)

Now, as I suggested yesterday, Catholic men need to become spiritual warriors and real warriors.  To become real warriors requires many things, but lets start with getting our sedentary bodies in shape. 

Something that has worked really well for me since the beginning of the year (I've lost over 12 lbs already while still maintaining muscle mass.) is something I learned from a T-Nation article that I will link to below. 

Triage Diet

Since hospitals, health care, and medical practices are everywhere in the media right now, this will make sense to a lot of people.  It will also make sense to a lot of people currently or previously in the military.

Though I strongly suggest you read the article and take notes, the essence of this dieting perspective is this: just like in an emergency room (or a battlefield) a doctor has to determine what's most serious, second most, etc.  You have to look at your diet and start going through it and ask hard questions.   You're going to have to evaluate your eating and drinking habits and start addressing them.

You don't need to start counting calories, watch your macros, or start any kind of specific diet (like Keto).  You just need to evaluate your biggest errors and reign them in.  This will have a far greater effect than you realize. 

For example, if you're drinking 5 cans of coke a day and you cut it down to 2, you just saved yourself 420 calories (140 per can.)  Over the 5 day work week, that's 2100 calories.  A pound of fat equals 3500 calories.  So if you change nothing but this, not only will you reduce your sugar intake dramatically, you will be reducing your body fat about a pound every 8.333 days. 

That may not sound like much, but that's 3.6 pounds a month or 43.2 pounds a year. 

So I suggest starting with this approach and once you start gaining positive momentum, then you can get into other things like your protein intake and types of exercise to continue get stronger and rev up your metabolism.

Catholic men, much more will be required of you then has been for a long time.  It's time your body got prepared. 

*As a note, I am not a medical professional and these are not medical recommendations.  Consult a physician for all your medical needs.* 

Comments

Popular Posts