A suggestion in honor of Christ the King

In honor of this Feast day and the end of the liturgical year (in the Novus Ordo calendar) and soon the beginning of the new liturgical year, I want to propose something both honorable and challenging.

With every Novus Ordo mass that I attend (the nearest Latin Mass is 2 hours away and cannot make it every Sunday), I am increasingly saddened and angered by something apparent to observant souls - the regular desecration of the Eucharist by the laity and the callous disregard by the clergy.  We have all seen liturgical abuses, even by Novus Ordo standards.  But the continued disregard is wearing me out.

But far more important than my personal feelings is the actual desecration of the Eucharist.  All crimes against God demand reparation, usually by the erring party.  Unfortunately, I am assuming that the laity and clergy involved don't see it this way and thus, don't see any need for reparation.  So it has to fall to the those who are penitent before the Lord.

What I am suggesting is the following:  1 rosary a day done in reparation for the desecration of the Eucharist around the world the day before. 

The goal: 8 billion rosaries for every person on Earth. 

It's a challenge, but enough people praying these rosaries will add up in time -- and the graces that will be received by the world should be substantial (I would rather not confine the Lord in any way.)

If you are on board, please comment so that we can begin a count.  At the top of every post, I will keep a running tally so that all readers will know where we stand. 

The count begins tomorrow, November 23rd.

Comments

Popular Posts