Though they held onto power longer into the modern era than the Church, their fall hasn't been any less dramatic. Being the bulwark between Monarchical corruption and illogical public dissent by the peasantry, the aristocracy provided that steadying force that guided many European countries through dark times. Their ability, most noticeably in England, to find leaders capable to the national demands, was impeccable. However, the revolutions of 1789, 1830 (France) and 1849 (much of Europe) significantly effected the power of the aristocracy and with the strong emergence from the mid 19th century to the current time of Marxism (Communism, Leninism, Progressivism, etc.), politics have all but destroyed what was left of a class of citizens and patriots equal to the task of service to King and Country.
It has even gotten so far that British Prime Minister Tony Blair could simultaneously rid the House of Lords of any power, introduce an elective House of Lords, and stock this newly elective House of Lords with Party contributors who were made Life Peers by Queen Elizabeth II under "consultation" with Tony Blair (which would be another case study from my previous post regarding the fear of Monarchs to not to the "right thing.") How this blatant act of rebellion and destruction of the English Constitution could occur without any strong comment by Tories or the public at large provides a tremendous example of how Marxism and the "Enlightened" revolutions of the last several centuries have effected the Western mind against aristocracy.
The aristocrats of a previous ages were highly intelligent, well trained, well educated citizens with a strong sense of service. Their protocols attached to that class speak volumes. For instance, lets take England as an example. The first born son inherited the title and was expected to carry it with class, dignity, and the other obligations of his class. The rest of the sons either served in the Church of England or joined the military. Any daughters were married off to other suitable families, strengthing their lines and eventually producing more citizens for King and Country. And ALL of them, whether separately or together, contributed to the stability of the country, favoring neither Absolute Monarchies nor illogical mobs.
But why should they return? Why should people be given a priviledged status based solely upon "lucky sperm"?
Because Europe needs to a steadying force. Those technocrats who have replaced the aristocratic class have destroyed what cohesive European culture and pride previously existed in their attempts to equalize all and unite Europe financially and politically. They have allowed welfare states to grow until national economies are on the brink of bankruptcy with their only outlet for their labor needs Middle Eastern workers of Islamic faith. The have chosen to destroy competition, fought for the equality of all though this is against the natural order of the universe, destroyed faith and legitimized negative behavior --- all under the pretenses of creating a new European Order that will rival any other in the World. Arrogance run amok.
I think it's time to tell these technocrats that they aren't wearing any clothes.
With the reestablishment of Constitutional Monarchies throughout Europe, I ask for a new aristocracy to come forth from those new fons honorums. Aristocrats of strong body and mind, with commitments to human rights that are guaranteed by God, with patriotic and cultural pride and with responsibility for their actions and their position. I also ask that this aristocracy be more fluid than previous ones. That those who have proven their worth raised to the aristocracy and those who have abandoned their station, purpose, and values to be removed from it.
Let this new aristocracy form one house of the Legislative branch of this countries and, just as the House of Lords in the UK had done for centuries, prove the conservative, Burkean influence upon the actions of the government and the nation. Let them be a reminder to the Monarch that it truly is a heavy head who wears the crown. He is responsible not only to the country, but to God as well. And then also remind the average citizen that each station in society has a purpose and a responsibility. A reborn, truly noble aristocracy would provide the necessary steadying force to combat the rampant illogical, marxist ideologies in current European politics and help to restore the integrity of Europe.
I want to briefly comment on this American issue in several bullet points.
- This precedent is obviously going to be used as a pretext to attack ALL radio hosts who say anything controversial or even principled. Anyone who doesn't toe the politically correct line, which includes most conservative hosts on talk radio, will be targets by a populace confused by what's truly at stake.
- Is anyone else amazed that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (sorry, don't see them serving the Lord too often) come out of the woodwork when they can spin an incident into something racial? Is anybody else amazed that the black community continues to let them be their leaders, making millions yet doing nothing for average black man or woman in America?
- The Rutgers basketball team handled themselves well, though I wouldn't say the same for their coach. In her news conference on Friday, it certainly appeared to me as if she was milking it for all that it was worth, making this whole thing a much bigger issue than it really is. It's a shame.
- Shouldn't it be black rappers who are apologizing to Imus? Imus is just a pathetic, old white man. What does he know about the black community? I don't think he's hanging out in Harlem all that often. So how could he know such phrases as "hos"? Seems to me that for him, as well as for many whites in America, they get their impression of the black community by what they see on tv and what they produce with their culture. With so many black rappers calling every woman a "ho", how should Don Imus know, as it was so succinctly put by Snoop Dogg, that only certain women are "hos" and not all women? Aren't we demanding a bit more intelligence from Imus than he's ever shown in his entire broadcasting career? Just a thought.
- Lastly, isn't anybody amazed that an icon of radio broadcasting could be taken down so easily? Regardless of what you think or thought of him, Imus, together with Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern, are the most listened to radio hosts in history. And with three words, an icon got taken down? Either we should all be scared that we may say in public could get us in serious trouble or there was more to this.
Next up, part 3...